The Australian Women Writers Challenge began in 2012 for the National Year of Reading and will be continuing into 2013. It aims to support and promote writing by Australian women, and to help overcome the gender bias in literary review pages. You can sign up for the challenge at any time during the year.
As in 2012, there are different levels for the challenge. Readers are also encouraged to participate without having to sign up to review.
- Stella – read 4 – review at least 3
- Miles – read 6 – review at least 4
- Franklin – read 10 – review at least 6
- Create you own challenge – do you plan to specialise in a particular genre or interest area, e.g. Science Fiction, self-published or Indigenous literature? Are you aiming for a high number, e.g. all the books you can read?
Please share your response to your reading by visiting the blogs of other challenge participants and commenting on their reviews.
You can also share in the discussion on social media, including;
- Twitter – use the #aww2013 hashtag. Follow @auswomenwriters for updates to reviews and other links of interest.
- Australian Women Writers Challenge on GoodReads
- Australian Women Writers Facebook page.
Sign up to AWW 2013