August 2017 releases
- Alexander, Mardie and Laurie Eichler. (Title to be determined.) (Bold Strokes Books) – contemporary general fiction (diversity; lesbian romance), set in NSW. Both authors were finalists in the Golden Crown Literary Society Awards; Laurie won the Rainbow Award. Bold Strokes Books is the largest international publisher of LGBT genre.
- Crawford, Belinda. Regan: The Hero Rebellion, Book Three (Odyssey Books) – YA speculative fiction
- Croggon, Alison. New and Selected Poems 1991=2017 (Newport Street Books) Poetry – Alison Croggon is an award-winning novelist, poet, librettist and critic. Her poetry has been widely published in journals in Australia and internationally, and is included in many major Australian anthologies
- Dempster, Lisa. Neon Pilgrim. (Ventura Press) Memoir/biography
- Gauci, Kathryn. Conspiracy of Lies (Silverwoods) Historical Fiction set in France and England 1939-44 with a period in 2001
- Hein, Cathryn. Chrissy and the Burroughs Boy (Self published Cathryn Hein) General fiction – commercial set in South Australia. Chrissy and the Burroughs Boy is the follow-on story to 2017 RWA Romantic Book of the Year finalist Santa and the Saddler
- Holland, Patricia. The Styx (Lacuna Publishing) – Literary, Adult Contemporary, set in Queensland Coastal Wilderness
- Ladd, Kylie. The Way Back (Allen & Unwin) – general commercial fiction
- McCullagh, Catherine. Dancing with Deception (Big Sky Publishing) Historical Fiction set in Paris 1920 to 1945
- Michael, Rose. The Art of Navigation (UWA Publishing) Speculative fiction set in Victoria
- Moriarty, Cass. Parting Words (UQP) – contemporary general fiction (literary), set in Queensland. Cass Moriarty’s debut novel The Promise Seed is currently longlisted for the 2017 International Dublin Literary Award, and was shortlisted for the 2016 Queensland Literary Awards People’s Choice Award and the 2013 Queensland Literary Awards Emerging Author / Unpublished Manuscript Award. Parting Words is her second novel.
- Fox, Candice. Last Chance written with James Patterson (PRH) – ‘crime and thrills’
- George, Anna. The Lone Child (PRH) – ‘literary thriller’
- Parritt,Sue. Chrysalis (Morning Star Publishing) General fiction – literary, Set in England/Australia during 1966-2015
- Scheuerer, Helen. Heart of Mist (Talem Press) Speculative fiction, YA
- Straw, Leigh. After the War: Returned Soldiers and the Mental and Physical Scars of World War I (UWA Publishing) History
- Verity, Bree. The Unwilling Smuggler (Self published) Historical fiction set in London 1793
- Viskic, Emma. And Fire Came Down (Caleb Zelic Book 2) (Bonnier) Crime – The sequel to RESURRECTION BAY, winner of the 2016 Ned Kelly Award for Best First Fiction and three Davitt Awards: Best Adult Novel, Best Debut, and Readers’ Choice.