(Imported from Blogger; formatting glitches need to be fixed)
Memoir/Biography/History: 2012 releases
The other day when the tally of literary books was posted, Text publishing tweeted that their biography of Elizabeth and Mary Durack by Brenda Niall should have been included.
Should more nonfiction titles be regarded as “literary”?
The follow is a list of books reviewed for the AWW challenge during January-June.
Disclaimer: If there are errors
with release dates, please let me know – reprints make it difficult to
judge original publication dates on publishers’ websites.
Tally: 10 books, 11 reviewers, 12 reviews
- Evans, Ilsa – Ones a Poner Time. (Self-published)
AustBookshelf, Book’d Out
- Fincham, Jo – Out Of The Blue. (Allen & Unwin)
- Gruel, Nicole – Dancing with Dragons. (Balboa Press) Mental Health
- James, Kate – When Gods Collide (Hardie Grant) Travel
- Warbanoff, Rilka – Rilka’s Feast. (HarperCollins) Cooking/Recipes/Memoirs
Monique @WriteNoteReviews (Scroll down for review)
- Cherry, Derelie – Alexander Macleay: From Scotland to Sydney. (Paradise Publishers)
Paula Grunseit, Janine Rizzetti
- Danson, Stacey – Faint Echoes of Laughter. (Taylor Street Publishing)
- Niall, Brenda – True North. (Text)
- Frost, Lucy – Abandoned Women. (Allen & Unwin)
- Gleeson-White, Jane – Double Entry. (Allen & Unwin) Business
Are there other memoirs, biographies or histories published this year that haven’t been reviewed for the challenge?
Shelleyrae from Book’d Out blog suggests:
- Love and Hunger by Charlotte Wood (Allen & Unwin 2012)
- Women of the land by Liz Harfull (Allen & Unwin 2012)
Other suggestions from comments:
- The Censor’s Library: Uncovering the Lost History of Australia’s Banned Books by Nicole Moore (UQP 2012)
- Larrikins: A History by Melissa Bellanta (UQP 2012)
- The Lone Protestor by Fiona Paisley (Aboriginal Studies Press)
Sue T from Whispering Gums blog suggests:
- House of Fiction by Susan Swingler, about her parents, Elizabeth and Leonard Jolley, and herself. (Fremantle Press 2012)