The shortlists for the crowd-funded 2012 Queensland Literary Award were announced recently. Congratulations to all the writers who made the lists, including the following. A number of the books have been reviewed by AWW challenge participants (links to their reviews appear with their names below).
For a full list of shortlisted books, including children’s books, see here.
- Anna Funder, All That I Am: 1girl2manybooks, Jon Page, Janine Rizzetti, Kevin Rennie, Marg Bates, Chris Wolak
- Kate Grenville, Sarah Thornhill: MD Brady
Young Adult Book Award
- Kirsty Eagar, Night Beach: Speculatef, Bookdout, VeganYANerds, 1girl2manybooks, Australian Bookshelf
- Judith Clarke, Three Summers:*
- Margo Lanagan, Sea Hearts (also published as The Brides of Rollrock Island): Lizabelle, Literary Minded, Krissing Kneen, Astrid, Sue Luus, Dark Matter Fanzine, Coleen Kwan, Mark Webb, Jason Nahrung,
- Vikki Wakefield, All I Ever Wanted: Lia Weston
Australian Short Story collection – Steele Rudd Award
- Marion Halligan, Shooting the Fox*
- Janette Turner Hospital, Forecast: Turbulence: Rebecca Howden, Janine Rizzetti
- Robin de Crespigny, The People Smuggler:*
- Jane Gleeson-White, Double Entry: Yvone Perkins
- Alice Pung, Her Father’s Daughter: James Tierney
Science Book Award
- Robyn Arianrhod, Seduced by Logic*
History Book Award
Judith Wright Calanthe Poetry Award
- Rhyll McMaster, Late Night Shopping*
(* denotes books yet to be reviewed)
Are you planning to review any of the above books that haven’t yet been reviewed?