We have quite a range of New Releases for August with most genres getting a look in. There’s still four weeks of winter left, plenty of time to grab a blanket, a warm drink, and new book!
- Crawford, Belinda. Regan: The Hero Rebellion, Book Three (Odyssey Books) – YA speculative fiction
- Croggon, Alison. New and Selected Poems 1991=2017 (Newport Street Books) Poetry – Alison Croggon is an award-winning novelist, poet, librettist and critic. Her poetry has been widely published in journals in Australia and internationally, and is included in many major Australian anthologies
- Dempster, Lisa. Neon Pilgrim. (Ventura Press) Memoir/biography
- Hein, Cathryn. Chrissy and the Burroughs Boy (Self published Cathryn Hein) General fiction – commercial set in South Australia. Chrissy and the Burroughs Boy is the follow-on story to 2017 RWA Romantic Book of the Year finalist Santa and the Saddler
- Holland, Patricia. The Styx (Lacuna Publishing) – Literary, Adult Contemporary, set in Queensland Coastal Wilderness
- Ladd, Kylie. The Way Back (Allen & Unwin) – general commercial fiction
- Michael, Rose. The Art of Navigation (UWA Publishing) Speculative fiction set in Victoria
- Moriarty, Cass. Parting Words (UQP) – contemporary general fiction (literary), set in Queensland. Cass Moriarty’s debut novel The Promise Seed is currently longlisted for the 2017 International Dublin Literary Award, and was shortlisted for the 2016 Queensland Literary Awards People’s Choice Award and the 2013 Queensland Literary Awards Emerging Author / Unpublished Manuscript Award. Parting Words is her second novel.
- Fox, Candice. Last Chance written with James Patterson (PRH) – ‘crime and thrills’
- George, Anna. The Lone Child (PRH) – ‘literary thriller’
- Straw, Leigh. After the War: Returned Soldiers and the Mental and Physical Scars of World War I (UWA Publishing) History
- Verity, Bree. The Unwilling Smuggler (Self published) Historical fiction set in London 1793
- Viskic, Emma. And Fire Came Down (Caleb Zelic Book 2) (Bonnier) Crime – The sequel to RESURRECTION BAY, winner of the 2016 Ned Kelly Award for Best First Fiction and three Davitt Awards: Best Adult Novel, Best Debut, and Readers’ Choice.
If you are an Australian woman writing and have a release coming up, or if you are a publisher or agent representing an Australian woman writer, we’d love to hear from you. You can submit new releases for inclusion in the New Releases section of the AWW blog by filling out the form at the bottom of our New Releases page. Please note though, our Sunday Spotlight interview sessions are currently full.
Enjoy your winter reading and don’t forget to link any reviews you write to our review database.